It’s back to school season, and we know what this means… FREEDOM! Parents like me everywhere can start experiencing a little more normalcy in their schedules and use their “extra” time to build some healthy habits. We can get more workouts scheduled, sneak in some meal prep, and recover the other habits we lost over the craziness of summer.
To get you kicked off, here’s a fun “back to school workout” inspired by all the activities kids can be caught doing around the elementary school playground or in P.E. class. Bonus: This one you can do with them! Because the fun shouldn’t stop, just because school is in session. So grab your backpack, pack a snack, and let’s get whack! (Sorry for the rhyming, Nickelodeon did a number on me.)
The Warm-Up | 2 Rounds
- Hop Scotch: No need to draw the boxes, unless you want to. Just hop on your right, right, left, left, both, right, both, left! If you miss a step, do it again!
- 10 Jumping Jacks
- 10 Toe-Touch Squats: Just squat and touch your toes!
The Workout | 3 Rounds
- 20 Jumping Jacks
- 20 Push-Ups
- 20 Jump Ropes: If you don’t have one, just do the motion!
- 20 Squat to Ball Toss: Toss any ball or [safe!] item you have handy.
- 20 Sec Monkey Bar Hang: Do pull-ups or switch your grip back & forth for an added challenge.
- 20 Jumping Knee Tucks
- 20 Steps Backpack Duck Walks: 10 steps away, 10 steps back, with weight.
The Metabolic Finisher | FREEZE TAG!
Wanna take this on the road? Great! Click the button below to download and print it.